Please read the following Terms and Conditions. In ticking the box on the Registration Form you are agreeing to abide by these terms.
- You must be AT LEAST 16 years of age to become a Seller with us.
- You may list items in your Mall Shop, provided they are placed in the appropriate category/sub-category.
- All items listed MUST be original (see General Terms below)
- You must be the legal owner of the items you list or you must have the consent of the true legal owner
- Any product you list in your Mall Shop MUST be accompanied by at least one image
- You must NOT list any items (or create any content) that is prohibited on this site (see General Terms below)
- You must be AT LEAST 16 years of age to become an Affiliate with us.
- You must also open a store account with us (there are three account levels)
- You will earn 25% of the amount your referral pays into their account to cover their paid store subscription (GBP2.50 or GBP3.00). This is credited to your account on a monthly basis for as long as both you and your referral maintain a store subscription.
- Any earned commission above the amount that is credited to your account to cover all or part of your own subscription is paid into your NOCHEX account, or by cheque in British Pounds (GBP) on the 15th of the month. There is no minimum amount. Other forms of payment can be arranged on request.
- You may use banner images and text ads that you create yourself to promote your Affiliate URL provided that they accurately represent both the products you are promoting and the name Books-and-Records.com of which Books-and-Records.com/mall is a subsidiary. Do not make claims that cannot be substantiated. For this reason, it is best to use a generic ad or banner than one which directs a visitor to a specific product.
- When promoting our products you may not use language that is not suitable for a general audience.
- you may not use any form of email marketing that has not been solicited by the prospect. In short, if you spam, you will lose your account, all your unpaid commissions, and in some cases may face legal proceedings.
- You may not use language intended to mislead a prospective buyer, seller, or affiliate regarding any of the products or services offered in the Mall, nor may you publish any material that could be deemed harmful, disrespectful, or in any way injurious to Books-and-Records.com or Books-and-Records.com/mall or any of the individuals or bodies associated with them, including vendors, buyers, affiliates, partners, suppliers and general visitors
Posting of Content:
- On our site (i.e. any part of the domain books-and-records.com) you may not publish or post any type of content that may be classed as or related to: pornography; incitement to violence; sedition; criminal activity, incitement to criminal activity or terrorism; drug trafficking or drug abuse; self harm; bullying and harrassment; use or misuse of weapons (either replica or real); use or misuse of chemicals and toxic substances; copies of real items (such as photocopied or scanned sections of books or magazines or original content copied from one media to another such as CDRs, cassettes, videos, DVDs or any other media); content that you have not created yourself and which is not in the public domain (ie copyrighted content that you do not have permission to reproduce), nor may you publish any material anywhere that could be deemed harmful, disrespectful, or in any way injurious to Books-and-Records.com or Books-and-Records.com/mall or any of the individuals or bodies associated with them, including vendors, buyers, affiliates, partners, suppliers and general visitors
- You may post appropriate and relevant content of the following types: forum topics; articles; product reviews; blog posts; comments; quotes; items for sale
General Terms and Conditions
This web-site is intended to be a friendly, enjoyable and useful experience, but as with anything concerning any kind of transactions there are risks involved and we strongly advise you to understand all of these terms before joining. If you spot a listing that you feel is violating the general terms and conditions of this web-site as stated below please let us know by contacting us.
Rights To Suspend or Terminate.
You agree that this web-site, in its own discretion, may terminate any listing or use of the service immediately and without notice if (a) We believe that you are not abiding by the general rules of this web-site
(b) You have repeatedly broken a certain term (c) You have listed a suspicious item (d) We believe you to be a non paying buyer. In most cases when we suspect foul play we will suspend your account/listing whilst we investigate further. If our investigation is conclusive then your account with us will be terminated.
You are solely responsible for the contents of your listings through this web-site. You must ensure that your participation in the selling or buying of items does not violate any applicable laws or regulations. By this we mean that you must check that you are entitled to sell or buy the relevant item and that you are not prohibited from doing so by any law or regulation.
You must not transmit through the service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material. You must also not transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation.
Membership to this web-site is only available to those who can form a legally binding contract. This web-site does not permit persons under 16 to register. If any member fails to signup with their correct age the account will be terminated immediately.
This site acts as the window for sellers to list their items. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot and do not control whether or not sellers will complete the sale of items they offer or buyers will complete the purchases of items they have bought.
In addition, note that there are risks of dealing with foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretences. This Web-site shall not be responsible for any items sold, for any damage to items during transit or during the inspection period, nor for misrepresentations and/or breaches of contract by either buyer and/or seller. This web-site shall not be responsible for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or any losses resulting form any goods purchased or obtained.
This web-site assumes no liability for the content of the listings. However if you fall victim of a fraudulent transaction we will assist you as much as we can.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.